Saturday, June 2, 2012

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed... Lights will guide you home"

"When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse


And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?


Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you..."

I first heard this song by Coldplay when I was coming out of a dear friend's funeral who passed away in a horrible car accident. I felt so... Alone and broken, but this song gave me hope and helped me get through.

There have been many times in my life where I just feel like giving up and not giving my best because it's "too hard" or that "there's no hope for me." Now that I look back, I've learned that those are some of the most selfish thoughts and that they won't make anything better.

"Is the band better because of you? Or in spite of you?"


"Love is a choice"

"It is NEVER too late to be the way you wish you would have been." 

These quotes and countless others helped me think about what I was going through and look at it in a different perspective.

The point I'm trying to make is:

Never give up, because you ARE strong and can get through whatever it may be that you are going through.

I'm not saying that I'm perfect or that everything goes right for me either, because I'm nowhere close to being off the hook. I've got my own set of trials and every day troubles that I go through and there are some days where I feel like giving up because there is no hope, but then I remember these words...

"Keep your head up and hold your chin high because you are strong enough to make it through this."

These words spoken to me by a dear friend that helped me so much in my time of need, are some that I hold very close to my heart.

Besides, isn't the world a better place when we all have a smile on our face and are helping one another?

No comments:

Post a Comment