Sunday, June 10, 2012

Once Upon a Time, I went to a parade...

Well, it's been 7 months since I last performed in a parade and... I miss it. Sure I hated the running and celebrating during band rehearsals, but the one quote that always stood out to me during a parade was:

"There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first or last time, I owe him my best."
-Joe DiMaggio

As a little kid, my favorite part of the parade (next to seeing the fire truck and inflatable balloons) was seeing the marching bands performing down the street. Dressed in their weird looking clothes playing strange things, but whatever they were doing, looked and sounded cool.

Yesterday I had the privilege of going to the Orem Summerfest parade with Alumni and with Dr. Fullmer and his wife. Definitely the COLDEST and WINDIEST parade we had been to in a while.

We weren't interested in seeing the creepy clowns in firefighter outfits, or seeing the hairy creature Sasquatch thing from Harley Davidson on a motorcycle. No. We were there to see one thing.

The Timpview Marching Band

And see them we did :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjMxqrZH1g


No comments:

Post a Comment