Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Reminiscing on Memories...

I have a confession. I have a box.

Not just any box, but a "memory box"

In this memory box, I like to put things that have at some point in my life meant something to me.

Well, I was looking through my box (actually, I have more than one) and was surprised at how much actual stuff I had in there.

Corsage and Fancy straw from Prom
Lifeguard whistles from Seven Peaks
My Alphabet Book from Kindergarten when I was learning to write
Rubber bands from when I had braces
Script to our 5th grade performance of "A Christmas Carol"
Memorial Day Performance Poppies
Almost every program from every Band concert at Timpview
Graduation Programs from 6th and 12th grade

My First Personal Progress book
Pamphlets, tickets and letters from PHP II
Itinerary's from Band Tours...
EVERY single copy of the Thunderbolt from the years I was at Timpview
Tickets from many movie outings, one of which from my first date
And MANY Other things 

What I learned from all these things in my box is that the things that you do, make you what you are. 

For me, I'm a Music playing-lifeguarding-newspaper reading- band trip goer-brace face- graduate AND I'm a Mormon :)
So, make your memories while you're young so you have crazy stories to tell your kids and theirs in the future when you're old and wrinkly.

2 comments:

  1. What if you lose your memories before you have the chance to tell your children? Top 10 greatest fears.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then that's what journal entries are for :) to write down the memories as they come and then have a physical item that has to do with that memory.

    ReplyDelete