Saturday, June 16, 2012

For Those Maybe in Need of Some Comfort

As I'm typing this, it is almost 2am. I couldn't sleep because I had something on my mind. So what do I do? Blog about it.

There's a quote that I was taught once upon a time in band that goes a little something like this:

"Sometimes life throws a curve ball at you out of nowhere. This is normal. It's life. Life happens and it happens to everyone. The only thing that is different is that for every person, there is a different reaction. The way that you react to sudden situations make you the person that you are."

I love this quote because it's true. Life happens to everyone, but everyone takes a different approach to the situation at hand.

Next to life happening, you will also be put through trials to test your strength in every way. And now I have yet another quote from Da Fatha. He told us this at the end of a rehearsal that we had been struggling through.

"It's hard, I know this is hard and I want to tell you with all my heart that this will be the hardest thing that you will ever do. But that's just a big old fat lie. I'm sorry to say that this is NOT the hardest thing that you will ever do. There are things out in this big scary world that scare even grown people like me. So what do we do? We face them and do the best we can and stay strong."

Challenges and trials aren't put in our lives to just be a background decoration. They are put there so we can look them in the eye and say "Hey, you're going down. You don't scare me. I'm strong. Bring it on." But no battle is easy if it's fought alone. The solution? Anyone around you that loves you. Friends, family... They love you for who you are and would love to help you. The only thing you need to do is ask.

"Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me! When you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on"

Everyone needs someone to lean on, and I've got good news for you guys.
Need a friend? Call me :) I'll listen to you and try to help you out as best I can. I just don't want anyone trying to face a battle alone.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment