Monday, June 18, 2012

Stuck in the Slumps...

"I'm sorry to say so
But, sadly, it's true
That bang-ups
And hang-ups
Can happen to you

You can get all hung up
In a prickle-ly perch.
And your gang will fly on.
You'll be left in a lurch

You'll come down from the lurch
With an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then
That you'll be in a slump

And when you're in a slump,
You're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
Is not easily done."

Words that are true indeed Dr. Seuss. Being in a slump, does things to you. It messes with your head and emotions and makes you feel like a person that you are not. But sometimes people are put in slumps, but not voluntarily. I'm sorry to say that there are people out there who enjoy and work at putting people in the slumps for pure fun. I know. I've dealt with a couple.

But those people don't get what they're actually doing to a person when they do all that mean stuff. They don't realize all the damage they're causing. What's a solution for it? Ignore them, as much as it may hurt you on the inside. This of course isn't an easy task. I'm still learning to cope with it.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me? False. Words can hurt. Sometimes they can hurt as much as knives can, but you've gotta try to keep your head up.

Don't give up in the slump, know why? Cause I'm there too. I'm trying to take my own advice, but it's easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment