Friday, June 1, 2012

But I don't want to grow up!

Ever since last Thursday, one thought has been on my mind:

Growing Up.


I've looked forward to that moment for many years, but now that it's actually here, I'm not so sure anymore.
More responsibility (Hmm, sure. I think I can handle it), no more High School (Bring it. I was so done with that place anyway), then what my bishop told me before my seminary graduation... "You know, you could be married four years from now and start your family"...
Wait, WHAT?! Let's pause for a sec.
I don't want to be married yet. I've still got a life to live. I haven't even started college yet! And so many of my older friends are married already... I don't want to follow THAT crowd. I can handle it in a more... Mature way and wait it out until I'm smarter. Sound dumb? I don't care. There are some choices that you can "untake" but marriage is more complicated than that. Besides, I'm still a kid at heart :)

"Getting old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

No comments:

Post a Comment